Thursday, December 15, 2011

Mini Shopaholic: A Book Review


Aside from being obsessed with movies, I am equally as crazy about books. Well rather just reading in general. When I was little, I would get ready for bed and then put a stack of books on my nightstand for my mom to read to me before I fell asleep. I just couldn't can't get enough of reading. Same basic principle of movies...books allow me to go into a fantasy land.

My last book of the year (I read at least 12 per year) was quite a treat. Another British writer who's series I have enjoyed for years. Sophie Kinsella rights about light-hearted stuff such as shopping, shopping, and more shopping. You may be familiar with her Shopaholic books. I hadn't read one in years, but fresh out of reading materials before departing Fiji, I scooped her latest novel: Mini Shopaholic.



The book is a fun, easy read about shopaholic Rebecca Brandon nee Bloomwood who has a new shopaholic pal, her 2 year old daughter Minnie. The two spend most days browsing the shops, designer stuff and such, looking for big sales. In fact, they shop so much that their entire house has been taken over by shopping bags. The sitting room doubles as a shoe closet, and the guest bath stores their jewelry! So when the Bank of London goes under and people fear to shop at all, Becky finds herself promising her husband that she will not shop. Can she survive without shopping though?

Definitely a great gift for your wife, sister, mom, or girlfriends. Pick one up at your local Barnes & Nobles store. Or if you are feeling really thrifty, try a Borders in your area. They're going out of business and are having fabulous sales!

And if you really want a treat, rent the flick Confessions of a Shopaholic this winter break!